What does a Grant STEPs strategic proposal look like?
Planning ⇒ Implementation ⇒ Evaluation
At Grant STEPs, we know the importance of strategic thinking. We tell our clients, “Smart grant writing starts a year ahead….” To help you build a strategic framework for your nonprofit, we look at strategy through the lens of our successful experiences in fund development, collaboration, and evaluation.
Let us help you create a strategic proposal that’s a real roadmap to accomplishing your goals, procuring the resources you need to achieve those goals, and making a positive impact on your community.
We use the VMOSA model ( Vision, Mission, Objectives, Strategies, and Action) to guide our strategic framework. Our proposals include an emphasis on what funders expect in this new era of nonprofit accountability:
- Evaluation of performance and impact
- SMART goals
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
We will create a “made to measure” roadmap using your choices of strategic modules to fit the vision, needs, and budget of your organization:
- A review of your mission statement
- An evaluation and update of your community needs assessment
- A community-wide stakeholder assessment
- A survey of best practices and research-based case studies in your field
- Public awareness strategies (As we tell our clients, “If no one knows who you are, what you do, or why it’s important, don’t expect them to give you anything.”)
- A program-by-program identification of resources, costs, and metrics of success
- A list of funding prospects
- Strategies to raise unrestricted funding to support overhead costs
- An assessment of your internal policies to prepare you for grant requirements you may need to be eligible for major funding opportunities
- Impact and evaluation tools
- Recommendations for capacity–building initiatives
- An integrated timeline, so your leadership and staff can anticipate and manage their work